Thursday, September 24, 2009

the H1N1 virus advancment

This week I read a blog titled H1N1, Skype, and a Possible Tipping Point by Karl Fisch. It talks about how even though kids have the flu; they are still participating in their daily school life. How you ask. The students do something called skyping. What is skyping though? After further research, I learned that skyping is basically just talking through webcam. Skyping allows you to participate from another location. To me this was different and above expectations, but hey, it’s Arapahoe. If I was sick or any of my friends were sick, I know that my friends or I would not even want to think about school. Not that we are bad students but if it were you, what would you do. I agree with Mr. Fisch when he says “the students want to participate” and “the impressive thing is the student’s willingness to be connected to the class when they are home feeling crummy.” It’s obvious how much these students wanted to learn and get involved.
In the blog, he also talks about how this could be a turning point for our society. He states this because it is advancement in our daily lives with our technology. Instead of being at home sick with the flu doing nothing, we can now be in class when we’re home sick. The H1N1 virus is sweeping across the globe and it is making people absent from school, work, ect. We don’t have to miss class any more over this epidemic because we have tools like Skype to help us get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment