Thursday, October 8, 2009

Parents not caringanymore about swine flu!

For my article of choice to read this week, I choose an interesting one from MSNBC News titled A third of U.S. parents oppose swine flu vaccine. This article talks about how some parents don’t want to get their kids vaccinated for swine flu because of some of the possible side effects. What could some of the possible side effects be for the swine flu? Could some of the possible side effects for swine flu be worse than swine flu itself? I couldn’t find what some of the side effects would be so I just skipped that part. If you don’t want to give you or your kids the vaccine, then you could die just like a man did less than a week ago. That is basically letting your kids get sick. Connections that were brought to my mind were ‘pox parties’ where parents would let their kids get chicken pox. Or I heard that parents didn’t want to let to have the side effects to different flu’s in the past. Parents say ‘it’s not safe”, or “it’s too unknown and to untested to try. After test on volunteers, no side effects were found. Health and Human services secretary said “we know its safe and secure.” If the doctors and the internet say there is no side effects or nothing to worry about, why are parents freaking out so much? Another alternative is for kids to get them at school. Wait, hold on a minute. I have never heard of vaccines being at schools. Is that legal? Do they have that at Arapahoe? After further research on http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30435064/ns/health-swine_flu it is estimated that there are about 803 nationwide because of the swine flu and I’m still surprised that parents don’t even care. “It’s no bigger then a regular seasonal flu” they say but do 803 people die from just a regular flu. I mean, I know some people get it and just blow through it but other people are dying because of it. I think it’s wrong and very bad parenting for parents not to care.

1 comment:

  1. Very Interesting blog! Your blog shows me that many people care about getting the swine flu vaccine and that many other people think it's way too risky. I believe that getting the vaccine could cause us to get the swine flu. Just because doctors didn't find any side effects doesn't mean that there's none what so ever. I would take my chances with trying not to get sick rather than getting the vaccination because I'm afraid of becoming more sick than the original swine flu can make me. Great blog! Keep it up!!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete